Affiliate Artists are defined as individual artists who can affiliate themselves to either a Foundation or Associate Studio. The annual fee for an Affiliate Artist is £25 and is payable directly to the Studio.
For this annual fee, Affiliate Artists will benefit from:
- a range of artist talks and Networking opportunities
- opportunities to apply for ENAS funded commissions/ residencies
- opportunities to sell and exhibit work through ENAS events
- participation in ENAS Open Studios
- places on ENAS-funded or heavily subsidised research trips
- opportunities to attend CPD events (booked on a first-come basis)
- a fortnightly e-newsletter
- access to the membership blog and forums
Is Affiliate Artist membership the right option for me?
Affiliate Artists might include individuals who already have work space or cannot commit to taking on a studio at the present time, but who would still like to reap the benefits of affiliation to a particular group and membership to the ENAS network and the opportunities it can offer.
Foundation and Associate Studios have put together some guidelines as to how their studios operate and whether they are interested in a particular kind of artist or can offer specific tools, equipment or other benefits. You can read more about these by visiting the individual studio pages. Foundation and Associate Studios have the right of refusal to individual artists.
Please contact us if you have any questions about becoming an Affiliated Artist or would like to discuss these options.
What constitutes an artist? An artist must work professionally as an artist either on a full or part-time basis. On occasion, ENAS opportunities will require artists to hold Public Liability Insurance. You can read more about this here. One of the best ways to secure Public Liability Insurance is through an annual subscription to a-n The Artists Information Company which also offers a huge range of professional benefits and resources for artists.
ENAS Affiliated Artists include: