In celebration of 200 years since John Constable painted ‘Wivenhoe Park’, this year’s open exhibition theme is Landscape. The competition is open to everyone, all mediums of artwork, and all types of landscape. Celebrate Landscape will run from Friday 25 March - Saturday 7 May 2016 at Art Exchange.
How to enter
Your artwork could be exhibited in our international art gallery, Art Exchange. The prizes are first, second or highly commended place in one of our five categories:
- children (primary and under)
- young people (secondary to college)
- current students at the University of Essex
- current staff at the University of Essex
To be in with a chance of having your work included in the exhibition, complete the relevant form and submit it along with your artwork by Friday 4 March 2016. Be sure to attach one form per entry.
Announcing the winners and prizes
Prizegiving will be on Thursday 28 April 2016. Prizes will be awarded in each category alongside the coveted People's Prize.
- First prize in each adult category and the People’s Prize Category win £100
- Second prize in each adult category win High Tea at Wivenhoe House
- Highly commended certificates
- Children and Young People win a hamper of art materials
This is part of the University of Essex’s outreach programme. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss your entry.