Showcase your artwork in our internationally renowed gallery
The aim of our Open exhibition is to promote and showcase contemporary visual art practice in the East of England.
We want to create a dynamic show that highlights the diverse range of interesting work that is produced in the region. You do not have to be a professional artist to submit Works. The Firstsite Open is open to everyone. There is no limitation as to subject matter or style but we do want new work. We will not accept Work created before January 2011.
We want lots of creative voices to have the opportunity to show their work. We also want to challenge visitors to reflect on why they like or don’t like particular works. Whether you choose to please or challenge the public is your decision.
Works in the exhibition will be available for sale, providing an ideal opportunity for visitors to start their own art collection and provide invaluable support to artists.
How much is it to enter?
There is a £5 adult / £2.50 concessions administrative fee per submission. We prefer that payment is made online but you can pay in person at Firstsite. Applications will not be accepted unless payment has been made. If an applicant is found to be ineligible, the entry fee will not be refunded.
Submission is free for children aged 16 and under but the submission form must be completed and contain the submission number generated by our payment system. The payment platform will include a FREE button for children aged 16 and under.
You will receive your submission number by email after payment has been made.
Artwork medium and size restrictions
We will accept the following media: drawings, paintings, sculpture, photography, moving images and performance art*
The space available for each artist is one square metre (1m²) for 2D Works and one cubic metre (1m³) for 3D Works. The space available for children (16 and under) is fifty square centimetres (50cm²) for 2D Works and fifty cubic centimetres (50cm³) for 3D Works. Work that is bigger than this size will not be accepted.
The artworks of 16 year olds and under will be separated in two age groups: Children 0-11 years and Young People 12-16 years. Submitted works in these categories will be displayed in the Children and Young People's designated area.
Please note that due to limited space we cannot guarantee that all submitted work will be exhibited at all times.
How to submit artwork to the Firstsite Open Exhibition
• Read the Guidelines to Enter information.
• Download the exhibitor submission form.
• Make your Payment via the booking system.
• Complete the form and include the submission number that will be contained in your payment confirmation email.
• Return the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• For further information refer to the FAQs or email email@example.com
• Printed forms, guidelines and FAQs will be available from our front of house desk from 23 July 2015. Submission payment can be made in person at Firstsite.
• Remember to print and keep a copy of your submission form to bring with you when you deliver your artwork.
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with Firstsite Exhibition news - @Firstsite